News and Information
For Media Inquiries, Contact:
Annual Report and Sample Publications
- National Study Finds Kindergarten Entry Scores Are the Single Strongest Predictor of Academic Achievement News Release, March 14, 2019
- Sally Kim Joins Reading Foundation Board of Directors News Release, April 10, 2018
- Cheryl Dell Joins The Children's Reading Foundation Board of Directors. News Release, December 7, 2017
- Donahoe to Retire as Foundation CEO; Norell Named as Successor. News Release, October 17, 2017
- READY! for Kindergarten Receives a Portion of Washington STEM Early Math Grant to Support Increasing Equity in Early Math. News Release, January 12, 2017
- The Children's Reading Foundation Announces Read With a Child Week. News Release, September 19, 2016
- The Children's Reading Foundation of Greater Chicago Earns National Award. News Release, August 23, 2016
- Children's Cabinet Announces Winners of Governor's Awards for Excellence in Early Foundations. News Release, February 22, 2016.
- The Children's Reading Foundation Celebrating 20 Years of Supporting Literacy and Early Learning Efforts. News Release, January 5, 2016.
- The Children's Reading Foundation of Licking County Earns National Award. News Release, July 27, 2015.
- Kerr to Retire as President of The Children's Reading Foundation national office. News Release, April 9, 2015.
- Grants Fund Classes to Boost Pre-K Reading Readiness. Kitsap Sun, Mason County, WA, January 29, 2015.
- U.S. Department of Education Awards The Children's Reading Foundation an Innovative Approaches to Literacy Grant. News Release, September 30, 2014.
- Reading Translates to Success. Southern Standard, Warren County, TN, September 24, 2014.
- Districts Start Early to Ready Students for Kindergarten. Kitsap Sun, Mason County, WA, July 26, 2014.
- Third Grade Reading: 91 Percent Pass in County. Newark Advocate, Hanover, Ohio, June 18, 2014.
- Kennewick Ranks High in Kindergarten Assessment. KEPR-TV.com, Kennewick, WA, January 23, 2014.
- READY! for Kindergarten Named Readers Choice Top 100 Products by District Administration Magazine. News Release, December 1, 2013.
- READ Up: Make Reading Part of Daily Summer Routines. News Release, March 22, 2013.
- Fund Formed in Memory of Teacher Benefits Early Childhood Education. The Free Press, Mankato, MN, January 16, 2013.
- The Children's Reading Foundation Awarded $2.87 Million Federal Grant. News Release, October 16, 2012.
- READY! For Kindergarten: Great Free Classes for Parents of Preschoolers with Free Learning Toys to Take Home. Sounds Fun Mom, September 20, 2012.